Sasha Bruce Youthwork | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Case Manager will be responsible for meeting regularly with program participants, making referrals for services, and maintaining case notes to track overall progress of each assigned youth. The Case Manager will work in partnership with other staff to develop a career plan that supports the comprehensive job readiness training programs offered to youth seeking permanent employment placements. Schedule is Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm with some flexibility required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides case management to assigned youth in one-on-one meetings and/or group setting
- Provides referrals for outside service providers as needed
- Draft case notes both written and electronic as required of all relevant contacts with youth, staff, family, or service providers
- Maintains case files of client’s progress and submit for review as scheduled
- Facilitate job readiness training workshops during select training periods
- Attend programmatic meetings with Program Manager and team to address programmatic and administrative challenges
- Develop summary reports of client information or program progress as scheduled
- Work with participants to complete forms, assessments, applications, and related employment documentation
- Plan outings and visits with guest speakers and other activities that promote career exposure to a variety of industries
- Manage internal and external internship programming, including applications, stipends, evaluations, and follow-up
- Attend professional meetings, workshops, and job fairs to promote program and secure employment opportunities for participants
- Serve as a community liaison networking with private employers, city-wide agencies, and industry representatives to promote and market program
- Perform administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by Program Manager or appropriate staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and;
- a minimum of 3 years’ case management/job development experience, preferably working with adolescents/young adults orsimilar population
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possess strong communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to implement problem solving and behavioral management techniques
Reporting to the Program Manager, this a Full-time, exempt level position. All candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License, pass the required DC clearances (and other states as applicable) and provide any additional information regarding previous records.