Case Manager - Delinquency Prevention Program
Sasha Bruce Youthwork | Washington, DC | Full Time
About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Case Manager will be responsible for facilitating group workshops and activities regularly with high school aged program participants, making referrals for services, and maintaining case notes to track overall progress of each youth. The Case Manager will develop and plan the workshops that focus on life skills such as positive decision making, mentorship, and youth development. Participants in this program include youth that have shown poor academic performance and frequent episodes of delinquency, that are in dire need of prevention services. This staffer will work in partnership with school staff and community-based organizations to support youth in need of behavioral modification strategies needed to reach the desired positive development goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate life skills and youth development groups focused on positive decision making to hard to engage youth and/or at-risk youth using prevention based curriculum in a culturally competent manner
- Plan in-class workshops or activities or outings and visits with guest speakers that promote working well with others, empowerment, and positive healthy relationships
- Provides case management to youth in one-on-one meetings and/or group setting to address behavioral challenges and provide crisis management
- Develop relationships and attend networking events with local service providers that serve as a resource or referral from outside service provider
- Draft case notes both written and electronic as required of all relevant contacts with youth, staff, family, or service providers
- Maintains accurate case files, required forms and records, including services plans of client’s progress and submit for review as scheduled
- Attend programmatic meetings with Program Manager and team to address programmatic and administrative challenges
- Develop summary reports of client information or program progress as scheduled
- Attend professional meetings, workshops, and resource fairs to promote program and secure opportunities for participants
- Support other development or programs with administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by Program Manager or appropriate staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and;
- A minimum of 3 years’ case management experience, preferably working with young adult hard to serve populations
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possess strong communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to implement problem-solving and behavioral management techniques
- Reporting to the Program Manager, this a Full-time, exempt level position. All candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation, pass the required DC clearances (and other states as applicable) and provide any additional information regarding previous records.