Business Development Associate
Preconstruction | Fullerton, CA | Full Time
Business Development Associate
SASCO is the one of the largest privately held electrical and data contractors in the nation. At SASCO, you can be part of a dynamic team that includes the most talented, creative, and experienced people in the industry. This team of “the best of the best” is the core of a culture that encourages you to improve and grow to the highest level of your abilities. We welcome your ideas and your opportunity for success is unlimited. In order to maintain where and who we are, we believe in hiring only the best, the top 10%’er’s who are winners in their respective career fields.
A Construction background is essential to being successful in this position.
A Business Development Associate is responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining customer relationships within SASCO’s core business customer base. The core business customer base consists primarily of general building contractors. The Business Development Associate shall identify project opportunities within his/her assigned customer base, projects involving electrical construction and related services. This person is responsible for bringing valid project opportunities into SASCO’s project groups, and he/she shall captain the sales process of each opportunity that is selected by a project group for bidding. They shall also develop and maintain relationships with all internal customers and resources.
- Identify, develop and maintain customer relationships with current and prospective general contracting customers.
- Manage the development of bid proposals by gathering key information on the customer and facilitating the development of the overall bid strategy. The bids will vary in size, scope and complexity, with often multiple bids at once. Highly developed creative writing skills are required (excellent spelling, punctuation, grammar).
- Through customer base, identify and develop electrical construction opportunities that meet SASCO’s minimum standards.
- Present opportunities to SASCO project groups and deliver accurate project information and documents.
- Track all projects that are designated for bidding, and update project information on an on-going basis.
- Engage the project groups in the sales and bidding process, and maintain strong communication with internal parties and with external customers throughout the bid phase of each project.
- Continue to strengthen and improve customer relationships, and track progress on a monthly basis. Utilize SASCO’s entertainment resources as appropriate to develop relationships.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers, the project groups.
- Develop a thorough understanding of SASCO’s business objectives so that the concept of “Why SASCO” can be effectively sold to external customers.
- Participate in Sales work sessions and training.
- Attend industry association meetings as a means of networking with the customer base and other industry professionals.
- Participate in SASCO Sales functions.
Candidate shall have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in sales and marketing in the construction industry, with a proven track record of developing and maintaining customer relationships. The candidate must have a natural ability to engage in business relationships with individuals and groups, and a willingness to improve and exploit his/her talents to build customer relationships for SASCO.
The candidate must enjoy teamwork in a business environment. The candidate shall possess strong verbal and written communication skills, shall be energetic and a self-starter. The successful candidate shall have raw intelligence, a willingness to learn, tenacity, strong organizational skills and excellent work habits. Experience with Microsoft Outlook and database programs is a plus.
SASCO offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. SASCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.