Part-time Graphic Designer
Marketing | Aptos, CA | Part Time
Part-time Visual Designer
Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association
The Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association is looking for a talented part-time Visual Designer to join our marketing team at the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association. You should be able to quickly deliver high quality work across print, digital, and social media engagement. You create, collaborate, and iterate with ease, both giving and taking design direction.
Along the way, we hope you'll develop a vision for delivering compelling visual systems for branding, marketing, web, and mobile applications, evoking specific emotion and action with image, type, and space.
We'd prefer a part time entry-level candidate, if you're currently pursuing your undergraduate degree and give us consistent part-time hours, we're interested. Be prepared to show us your portfolio in any event, but especially if you have yet to complete your BA (or similar). This is an on-site position in Aptos, California and we’d prefer your working days be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Update/build/identify visual assets at the behest of your colleagues on the marketing team, and the executive director.
- Modify or retouch existing assets for optimizations on various platforms (mobile/desktop/social media/ad/print).
- Find creative and new ways to use visuals to entice, enrich, and educate.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience on various social media platforms.
- A passion for visual storytelling.
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and aptitude for learning
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with SEO.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Specific experience creating text-based and banner ads (digital).
- Specific experience creating print-based ads (traditional).
- Extensive knowledge of social media marketing programs and optimization based on copy, creative, and placement.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, and Wordpress.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Compensation: Depends upon experience
- Part-time, hourly
- Submit cover letter, resume and your portfolio
- Position available immediately
- This is an in house position
About the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association
The Santa Cruz Mountain Winegrowers Association is an alliance of more than 70 wineries, most of them family-run, working to promote the unique aspects of the wines & Santa Cruz Mountains AVA and located in Aptos, California. Formed in 1981, the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA is nestled in one of the most unique winegrowing regions in the world, beginning just south of San Francisco – spanning the mountain range between the San Francisco Bay and the Pacific. Mountain terrain, marine influence, varied microclimates, and distinctive soils combine to produce ideal conditions for high quality winegrowing. The small size of the wineries allows for greater attention to detail that maximizes the potential of the grapes grown here.
By joining our team, you will be working in an intelligent, flexible, and friendly environment. As a small group, your thoughtful and considerate input will have an immediate effect on the business. In simple terms, you'll have an impact. This means wearing a lot of hats and getting your hands dirty in other areas, including events, cross-functional project management, and occasionally even sales or support. This doesn’t mean you’re expected to know all of these, but it does mean you should be excited (instead of intimidated) by new challenges every day. You'll never be pigeonholed here. Our team is established, so you won't be dropped in the middle of the ocean without a life jacket, but someone who will take the initiative and prioritize their own set of tasks is highly valued.