Marketing & Communications Assistant
Marketing | Aptos, CA | Full Time
Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association seeks a detail-oriented, high-energy, self-motivated, reliable marketing assistant for a 32-40 hour per week position. This is an excellent opportunity to further a career in marketing and/or social media. Successful applicants will be bright, ambitious self-starters. Excellent writing skills and online media experience are required.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Marketing Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative duties to support the Executive Director, Director of Marketing & Communications and Event Coordinator in a fast paced and changing environment. The position provides support for Marcom initiatives and contributes to the efforts of the team to create the SCMWA brand strategy, brand position and brand story. Duties include a variety of office/administrative tasks; as well as tight coordination and ongoing communication with SCMWA membership and team members to meet project deadlines and ensure continued progress of work; tracking/reporting project details; gathering background information; making website updates; monitoring email campaigns and maintaining databases; distributing press releases; social media updates; event support and other marketing responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and maintain association social media presence, including scheduling Facebook, Twitter and Instagram updates.
- Assist in managing monthly eNewsletters
- Distribute and submit news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Maintain calendar listing, Facebook event pages and event listings.
- Maintaining and updating membership and event content on website
- Monthly communications and social media analytics round-up
- Uploading web content, photos and video as needed
- Marketing collateral print management and distribution.
- Research on association projects
- Event support
- Membership database management
- Coordination of calendar and meeting arrangements as needed by Executive Director
- Winery and consumer mailings
- Office phone support
- Other office duties as assigned.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
This is the perfect job for someone with a few years of marketing experience looking for increased responsibility, deeper exposure to more marketing projects, and a career path at a fast-paced marketing/advertising agency.
It's also a great job for someone with 5-8 years of general office experience who's used to wearing lots of different hats in a vibrant atmosphere, has a knack for organization and never letting anything slip through the cracks and would love to learn more about association marketing.