Talent Acquisition Specialist
Org Development | San Jose | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Talent Acquisition Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Organizational Development (OD)
REPORTS TO: SVP/Org Development
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Org Development department as well as administration of various policies, procedures and programs. The incumbent will primarily focus on recruitment, candidate experience.
- Leading the full cycle recruitment process for multiple positions at Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union from job posting to sourcing candidates, resume screening, interview scheduling, offer decision process and onboarding, with an emphasis on providing uncommonly good candidate experience.
- Building strong relationships and collaborating with hiring managers to understand their unique hiring needs and goals.
- Maintaining up to date job descriptions and utilizing creative social media recruiting strategies to market open positions and articulate Employer Value Proposition (EVP).
- Performing initial phone conversations with candidates and recommending applicants to hiring managers for further consideration.
- Providing weekly reporting on open positions and recruitment activity to the executive team.
- Leading the candidate experience and recruitment efficiency initiatives in an innovative and creative manner.
- Managing internal recruitment process with meticulous care and emphasis on timely and seamless communication between the internal candidates, management and executive team.
- Performing OD administrative tasks such as background verification, HSA contribution processing, commuter benefits administration, employee status changes and other generalist responsibilities.
- Ensuring accuracy in documentation and record keeping and other administrative duties as required.
- Making recommendations and assisting in execution of OD process improvement initiatives.
· High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
· Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines.
· Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high standards and an appropriate professional image
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate in a prompt, professional, and approachable manner.
· Ability to process and follow specific instructions and directives with emphasis on details and producing quality results
· Proactive and solution-oriented with the ability to work in an environment of flexible and changing work policies/procedures.
· Ability to demonstrate commitment to self-improvement by taking the initiative of learning new skills, systems and procedures as well as taking advantage of the continuous education opportunities
· Computer literate with ability to quickly learn new systems and technology and proficient in Boolean Google searches, ATS, HRIS and MS Office
- Ability to motivate, influence and train others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience. BA degree strongly preferred. Minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations. Preferred but not required.
- Humble. Lacks excessive ego or concerns about status. Quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for self. Share credit, emphasize team over self and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Hungry. Always looking for more. More things to do. More to learn. More responsibility to take on. Self-motivated and diligent. Constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
- Smart. Have common sense about people. Tend to know what is happening in a group situation and how to deal with others in the most effective way. Demonstrates good judgment and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of their words and actions.
- Language Skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors.
- Planning/Organizing. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds which includes equipment, tables, training material
- Must have own transportation to travel to branch locations
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, and calculator. Also, requires ability to operate multi-line telephone, facsimile and photocopier.
SCCFCU does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, any persons holding an undocumented “AB” 60” driver’s license, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.