POSITION: Service Center Representative I
DEPARTMENT: Service Center
REPORTS TO: Service Center Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Service Center Representative provides quality service to members by answering incoming telephone calls and conducting outbound calls. Efficiently prepares and processes all member requests, including withdrawals, consumer loan payments, cash advances, bank wires, transfers and account updates.
All employees of San Francisco Federal Credit Union(SFFedCU) are proactive, results driven and fully committed to the Credit Union’s mission and vision by striving to achieve the highest standards of excellence and consistently exceeding the expectations of member, team and community experiences. They are also enthusiastic and willing ambassadors of the Credit Union through participation in Community Share projects and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Utilizes professional and friendly communication when working with all levels of organization, demonstrating this both verbally and in written communication
• Demonstrates personal accountability and self-motivation in ensuring that all monthly dialogs with managers are scheduled and have clear agendas
• Displays high energy and engagement providing uncommonly good quality service to membership and credit union staff in a professional and courteous manner.
• Demonstrates commitment to self-improvement and personal accountability by completing bi-annual self-assessment by announced deadlines
• Actively partners, collaborates and solicits feedback from manager during coaching session in a highly energetic and engaged manner.
• Displays personal accountability and urgency in consistently following through on all agreed upon commitments, member requests as well as timely and accurate delivery of all internal forms and correspondence
• Exudes a sense of urgency when communicating via email and voicemail, by responding within 48 hours to email inquiries and 24 hours for voicemail inquiries.
• Consistently provides thorough member education by offering comprehensive information on features, benefits, internal forms as well as proper correspondence of all credit union products and services
• Completes all loan applications and supporting documents thoroughly correctly and by deadlines while achieving all processing milestones.
• Takes initiative in researching, identifying and working to eliminate procedural inefficiencies as well as maintains up to date knowledge of policy procedure, regulatory processes for all products and services such as BSA, check holds, fees and returned items.
• Always manages assigned workload in a timely manner and volunteers for additional work while remaining highly motivated, engaged and energetic.
• Provides creative solutions and process improvements in order to prioritize appropriately and develop a balanced work procedure to ensure timely achievement of all commitments.
• Displays self-motivation and ongoing commitment in ensuring an 80% level or greater in Sales and Service proficiency as well as logged-in queue time average
• Consistently meets product referral and loan application goals by actively partnering and collaboration with lending, financial services, and member services department.
• Displays active participation and engagement when conducting Individual Dialogs with manager and takes the initiative by scheduling these dialogs monthly
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates commitment to self-improvement by taking the initiative of learning new skills, systems and procedures as well as taking advantage of the continuous education opportunities within and outside of the credit union
• Excellent member service skills.
• Display proficiency in use of basic business and cash handling machines
• Display proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work overtime on holidays and Saturdays as needed.
Background Education and Experience
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• One-year minimum banking and cash handling experience.
Physical requirements, reasonable accommodation and work environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodation
• Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist, turn and drive
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to use a computer keyboard, calculator, and mouse
• Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, any persons holding an undocumented “AB” 60” driver’s license, or any other characteristic protected by law. This provision also includes the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any one of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
DISCLAIMER* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.