Organizational Design and Development Manager
Organizational Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We Are San Francisco!
San Francisco Federal Credit Union has been proudly serving San Francisco since 1954. Today, anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in San Francisco and San Mateo counties may apply for membership. We currently serve more than 45,000 members with assets over $1 billion. San Francisco FCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender.
The Organizational Design and Development Manager has oversight of SFFedCU’s internal training programs and channels. The position is responsible for successfully delivering on the strategic priorities for learning and development that supports all business lines and staff including frontline, management, and senior leadership. Creates forward thinking learning strategies through instructional design, concepts, and practices that support the organizations goals and objectives. In collaboration with the Chief Retail Officer, leadership team, and Employee Development Specialist, the Organization Design and Development Manager will lead and implement all professional education solutions and initiatives at the Credit Union aimed at maximizing employee engagement and creating a culture of high performers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assess, select, plan and implement programs as appropriate ranging from design, facilitation (instructor-led, eLearning, multimedia) to execution (internal, external, train-the-trainer) to evaluation, ensuring learning and development is delivered with the highest impact and in the most cost-effective and efficient manner
- Evaluate and communicate on the activities and performance of the organization’s training, leadership, and development programs and functions
- Provide leadership and coaching to Employee Development Specialist
- Track learning and development programs to support increased employee engagement, production, future growth, and better member experience
- Utilize technology to create a high level of employee participation through various channels that drive learning and increased knowledge, through the use of mobile learning, micro learning, social learning, blended learning, video-based learning, learning management systems and gamification
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of and complies with all SFFedCU’s departmental and security policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations applicable to the position, including BSA requirements
- Design and manage internal and external surveys and assessments
- Evaluates, leverages and integrates new technology and digital learning tools such as mobile learning, apps, MOOCs, web conferencing, blogs, microblogs, and other digital learning platforms to make learning “real time” and to encourage continuous learning
- Oversee that curriculum development, quality assurance processes, training collateral, are communicated effectively throughout
- Actively participates on project teams to support the development and delivery of training for specific business initiatives and strategies
- Evaluates learning solution impact on performance and organizational goals through observation, branch visits and evaluation feedback. Partners with business groups to develop outcome improvement resources. Revises curriculum as needed
- Utilizes instructional design principles to develop, produce and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, online webinars and other educational materials for in-house training.
- Partners and collaborates with all areas of the organization to design, implement, and deliver continuous training development for management focusing in the areas of leadership, coaching, and sales
- Manage Credit Union’s LMS and other vendor relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical proficiency to leverage technology to enhance learning
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex work situations
- Ability to measure and articulate key learning outcomes using metrics and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to design and develop custom solutions to address the Credit Union’s learning and development needs and be knowledgeable of formal learning methodologies, delivery modalities, and models. Must be able to bring creative ideas to the table
- Experience with blended learning concepts, instructional design techniques, and adult learning theory
- Skilled in assessing learning programs, conducting surveys, focus groups and research
- Experience with design of curriculum with subject matter expertise in leadership and professional development
- Confident in public speaking and facilitating learning sessions to various sized groups
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Psychology, Business Management, Communications, or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 5 years of training design, development and/or delivery, to include a minimum of 2-3 years in Management Training
- Working knowledge of instructional design and training methodologies, with demonstrated facilitation skills
- Experience with multimedia production, e-learning development, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Power Point. At least two years’ experience with Articulate Storyline or similar software required. Working knowledge of additional industry-standard instructional design tools to produce engaging courseware.
- 5 years’ experience in Credit Union or Banking
Physical requirements, reasonable accommodation and work environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
• Ability to move within an office complex environment
• Ability to write by hand and use keyboard and mouse extensively to perform office functions
• Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously
• Visual acuity needed for detail work and computer use
• Ability to occasionally stand, kneel, crouch, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to occasionally lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds (supplies or equipment)
• Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
San Francisco Federal Credit Union (SFFedCU) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with federal and state laws, SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer or genetic characteristics), veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
DISCLAIMER* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.