Mortgage Loan Operations Manager
Real Estate | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
POSITION: Mortgage Loan Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Mortgage Lending
REPORTS TO: Chief Lending Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Mortgage Loan Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the mortgage lending operations by implementing San Francisco Federal Credit Union’s mortgage lending strategy and leading the team to achieve loan growth objectives. This includes the development and implementation of the infrastructure of a dynamic lending environment, to include the continued development of mortgage lending and real estate secured products/programs/services and the needed administrative support functions that meet the changing needs of our members and create a cohesive, collaborative Real Estate Services Department. The Mortgage Loan Operations Manager delivers competitive mortgage products and programs for the Credit Union’s members while managing the department in a way that helps drive production, ensure quality and compliance, and enhance member experience. The process from application through closing is to be managed to ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures to ensure origination of quality loans.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the Mortgage Loan Operations team including, but not limited to, assignment and review of work product and projects, performance and time/attendance management, and training opportunities as appropriate.
- Lead and coordinate the operations processes for mortgage lending channels to drive production, ensure quality and compliance with all state and federal regulations, as well as policies and procedures.
- Develop and lead the execution of the credit union’s mortgage internal and external sales plans and programs.
- Plan, develop and lead the department in the execution of mortgage-specific outbound/outreach programs for current members.
- Communicate and accommodate all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Implement a robust secondary market process.
- Establish and maintain relationship with all GSE(s).
- Ensure that all relevant policies, procedures, internal controls and processes are kept up-to-date and are compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensure loans originated for FNMA, FHLMC, private investors, and correspondent lenders comply with their respective guidelines.
- Design, document and implement processes and procedures that optimize mortgage lending and the member experience.
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities
- B.A. in Business Administration with a minimum seven (7) years of diverse, progressively responsible loan experience in a credit union or bank, with primary emphasis on mortgage lending; five (5) years in a lending management role or, equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in mortgage loan production (including conventional, FHA and VA products) highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of real estate lending from origination through servicing
- Highly developed mortgage sales, business development and relationship management skills including to internal partners, realtors and other referral partners required.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage products and services, state and federal laws and regulations, and federal and state reporting requirements.
- Compliance with SAFE Act legislation.
- Requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and people skills to manage, develop and coach a collaborative, cohesive team.
- Meets deadlines in presenting accurate and timely reports and presentations.
- Provides creative solutions and process improvements by generating new and viable ideas.
- Works with a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Requirements, Reasonable Accommodation and Work Environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
- Requires standing, bending, stooping, sitting, walking, twisting, and turning
- Require use of computer keyboard, calculator, and mouse
- Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
San Francisco Federal Credit Union (SFFedCU) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with federal and state laws, SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer or genetic characteristics), veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.