Member Service Floater
Branch Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
San Francisco Federal Credit Union has been serving San Francisco since 1954. Today, anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in San Francisco and San Mateo counties may apply for membership. We currently serve more than 45,000 members with assets over $1 billion. San Francisco FCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender. Our corporate office is located at 770 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, California 94102. SanFranciscoFCU.com
The Member Service Floater supports superior member service by filling in at any of the Credit Union’s six branch locations: Burlingame, Excelsior, Fidi, Golden Gate, Lakeside, and Richmond, as well as the Call Center, as needed. The Member Service Floater is a universal role that can assist in a variety of contacts and engagement with members to include: teller transactions, handling member calls and emails, opening new accounts, processing and funding loans, and assisting with account inquiries and maintenance.
Essential Functions in the branches:
- Perform teller, new accounts, lending and call center duties as assigned.
- Provide Credit Union services to members by opening of accounts, disbursements of funds, posting withdrawals, deposits and loan payments, and the processing of other account transactions.
- Respond to requests for information relative to products and services provided by the Credit Union.
- Perform daily reconciliation and balancing of an individual cash drawer.
- Recommend and cross sell Credit Union products and services to members.
- Complete a variety of miscellaneous branch tasks including: balancing the ATM, retrieving and posting night drop deposits, filing, and answering the telephone.
- Perform basic IRA transactions using the appropriate forms. Able to open new IRA accounts, process deposits and withdrawals, and answer basic IRA questions.
- Process outgoing wire transfers, including completing the wire transfer checklist and performing security verification, as appropriate.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a consumer loan interviewer by providing information about all consumer loan products and services, including calculating payments, quoting rates, payoffs, and taking applications.
- Respond to member’s requests, challenges and complaints and/or direct the member to the proper person/department for assistance.
- Answer a high volume of incoming calls and emails.
- Possess a solid understanding of Credit Union’s online banking and mobile services.
- Interpret and explain CU policies and transactions.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
High School diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of 2+ year of experience in banking customer service position required. Ability to effectively communicate with and handle challenging situations involving the general public, perform basic accounting functions, handle cash and balance a teller drawer, with the ability to effectively work at a fast pace and in a rapidly changing environment. Spanish/English bilingual and previous experience with a Credit Union a definite plus.
San Francisco Federal Credit Union (SFFedCU) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with federal and state laws, SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer or genetic characteristics), veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.