Branch Services Supervisor
Branch Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Branch Services Supervisor serves in a leadership capacity and assists the Branch Services Manager with inspiring and supporting staff in providing superior member service, achieving branch sales goals, and being operationally sound. In partnership with the Branch Services Manager, the Branch Services Supervisor is responsible for scheduling, coaching, training and ensuring the branch remains compliant with regulatory standards. The Branch Services Supervisor will help with providing input for performance reviews, process and complete various reports, provide overrides as needed and ensure a high level of quality of work by team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Branch Services/Area Manager, develop and manage team member(s) performance to meet/exceed all assigned goals.
- Schedules one on one meetings with team member and speaks to successes, areas of improvement, and areas of personal interest.
- Conduct daily/weekly coaching meetings with team members.
- Creates an industry leading member service experience by modeling, following, and coaching to the Credit Union’s core values and member service program.
- Understands and keep up with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Resolves complaints, adjusts errors and answer questions promptly.
- Leads by example in providing support with opening and closing duties, taking on Vault Teller functions and efficiently working with high volumes of cash, such as processing various teller transactions, balancing cash drawer, Vault and ATM.
- Efficiently and enthusiastically opens new accounts for new and existing members.
- Interviews, processes and funds consumer loan requests as well as makes recommendations to the Consumer Lending Team.
- Completes and provides support to staff in functions such as payroll, ACH, accounts payable, collections, ATM and wire transfers.
- Maintains accurate transaction records and balances cash drawer daily and notifies Management of any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Accurately processes, or helps staff to process, all member requests, such as deposits, back office transactions, record retention, imaging, as well as Returned Items in a timely manner.
- Maintains professional and courteous conduct with all vendors, visitors and members by promptly attending to inquiries and requests.
- Evaluates members’ needs and offers the appropriate products and services in order to enhance member relationships and foster member loyalty.
- Cross-sells all credit union products and services while displaying a comprehensive understanding of all product features/benefits.
- Meets/exceeds individual and team assigned sales goals; proactively collaborates with management to seek improvement in ability to reach goals when needed.
- Supports staff by actively collaborating in research efforts to identify causes of complex member issues, for problem resolutions and provide necessary updates and information to members.
- Provides support for all team members and provides prompt, effective, and prudent resolutions to internal conflicts and performance issues. Promptly involves necessary parties in reaching these resolutions when a need for counseling arises.
- Ensures that each team member reaches a high performing potential by coaching, training and motivating staff.
- Understands and incorporates strengths of each team member while defining process and goals in clear and comprehensive manner.
- Assists in processing evaluations for designated Branch team.
- Proactively and effectively schedules designated branch team to meet business needs.
- Consistently generates and acquires new business, promotes new membership, increases membership growth and maintains excellent business relationships within the designated community.
- Develops strategies and new ideas to aid in business development, engages the team in these initiatives.
- Demonstrates efficient time and workload management to seek out additional responsibilities and opportunities to provide support at branches with limited resources.
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities
- A minimum of three (3) years related experience in a financial institution with a minimum of one (1) year lead/Supervisory experience.
- Possess and consistently deliver strong customer service and sales skills.
- Ability to be well organized, team-player, motivated and flexible with working hours, able to work Saturdays, holidays and overtime as needed, maintaining attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to maintain organized and accurate records.
- Possess good mathematical aptitude, in addition to outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Display proficiency in use of basic business and cash handling machines.
- Display proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Complies with appropriate legal, regulatory, internal control and quality standard requirements of the Credit Union including the Bank Secrecy Act.
Physical Requirements, Reasonable Accommodation and Work Environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
- Requires standing, bending, stooping, sitting, walking, twisting, and turning
- Might require lifting up to 15 pounds
- Require use of computer keyboard, calculator, and mouse
- Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
San Francisco Federal Credit Union (SFFedCU) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with federal and state laws, SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer or genetic characteristics), veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.