Headquarters | Nairobi, Kenya
Sanergy is a social venture building a sustainable sanitation network throughout Nairobi's slums by creating a network of local entrepreneurs who run small-scale sanitation centers. We provide affordable, accessible and hygienic sanitation services sustainably by converting the waste into valuable by-products.
To assist in the day-to-day running of our office in Nairobi, Sanergy is seeking an experienced HR Assistant. The HR Assistant will play a critical role in maintaining the office infrastructure and processes; coordinating procedures related to HR and operations; and generally ensuring that Sanergy runs effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with hiring process, including advertising for new positions, reviewing applicants CVs, short listing candidates, reference checking and on boarding of new staff members
- Ensure the necessary documents for new employees (e.g. IDs, KRA PIN, NSSF, NHIF and bank account details etc.) are obtained and maintained and that HR policies are applied consistently across new hires
- Maintain official staff personnel files
- Serve as the liaison between Sanergy staff and benefit providers (such as health insurance)
- HR administration, such as leave management, maintenance of staff records, compensation and benefits administration and record keeping
- Ensure that enquiries in HR office are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Manage and alert the HR Officer on confirmations, expiry of contracts, etc.
- Coordinate the exit/clearing process of staff who resign or their services terminated
- Assist in employee orientation, development, and training logistics and record keeping
- Ensure and coordinate employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting and employee services
- Any other tasks as required by the Admin/HR Officer.
Minimum of a Diploma in Human Resources and/or Administration from a recognized institution
Bachelors Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
At least 2 years prior experience in a similar job, in a busy environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Must be attentive to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team