Agricultural Products Technical Specialist
By Product Sales | Nairobi, Kenya | Full Time
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that is creating new organic agricultural inputs that will reverse the trend of declining harvests and increasing prices for farmers. We are preparing to launch our first agricultural input, a locally produced, high-quality organic fertilizer.
Sanergy is looking for an Agricultural Products Technical Specialist responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of our agricultural products. We are looking for someone with adept experience with organic fertilizers, who understands the technical composition and mechanics of producing a world class product. This person should also have experience diagnosing problems / nutrient deficiencies on farms and counseling farmers on inputs and improved practices. We are looking for someone who combines technical skills with a strong customer-orientation, as this position will act as a bridge between our product development team and quality assurance for our customers in the field.
This position will provide a range of experiences in technical product development and customer service with a high degree of influence and autonomy in a rapidly growing company as it launches new products into the market. This role can be full-time, part-time, or engaged on a consultancy basis.
- Working directly with farmers to understand customer needs, problems/deficiencies, and identifying opportunities for product improvement and diversification
- Working with our R&D and processing teams to improve the existing product formulation and create new product formulations by testing different feedstocks, inputs, and additives
- Providing technical support to our sales team where needed and providing quality assurance to customers in the field
- Supporting the sales, processing, or engineering team on other technical tasks as they arise
- Generate data and meet deadlines, and analyse, write and present reports.
- Implement improvements to support the development of business efficiencies
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Agronomy or closely related field or equivalent with minimum of 2 years experience
- Technical experience working with fertilizer production and/or farms and soils
- A self-starter and critical thinker with attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written, and computer
- Willingness to work in a variety of conditions including field and office