Agricultural Products Certifications Specialist
Byproduct Sales | Nairobi, Kenya
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that is creating new organic agricultural inputs that will reverse the trend of declining harvests and increasing prices for farmers. We are preparing to launch our first agricultural input, a locally produced, high-quality organic fertilizer.
Sanergy is looking for an Agricultural Products Certifications Specialist responsible for managing the process of applying for certifications from requisite government and industry regulatory bodies both in Kenya and internationally such as the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS), Pest Control Products Board (PCPB), and Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Services (KEPHIS). We are looking for someone who has adept experience with organic fertilizers and who understands the technical composition of our product and associated benefits. This person will also have experience working with regulatory bodies and will have previously received certifications for new products successfully and expediently. Beyond obtaining certifications from the regulatory bodies listed above, this person will lead the process of obtaining certifications from other agencies focused on organic farming inputs such as En-Cert and Kenyan GAP. This position requires a self-starter who is able to execute with a high degree of autonomy. This role can be part-time or engaged on a consultancy basis.
- Achieve regulatory certifications from government and industry bodies for new agricultural products
- Develop and manage research trials in the field, matching client requirements with trial sites and planning, preparing, marking out and organising trials at suitable sites on farms
- Organise and interpret product tests of Sanergy agricultural products
- Organise and interpret soil tests
- Work with Sanergy teams to ensure compliance to all industry standards and internal quality systems, maintaining confidentiality and protocols
- Develop relationships with regulatory agencies to ensure good standing
- Generate data and meet deadlines, and analyse, write and present reports
- Suggest improvements to support the development of business efficiencies
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Agronomy or closely related field or equivalent with minimum of 2 years experience
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct field trials of agricultural inputs across multiple crop and soil types that will support marketing efforts with accurate and relevant observations and evaluations, while managing costs and staff.
- Experience working with standards and certification agencies such as KEBS, KEPHIS, Ministry of Agriculture, En-Cert, UTZ, Kenyan GAP etc.
- A self-starter and critical thinker with attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written, and computer
- Willingness to work in a variety of conditions including field and office