Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Sales | East Brunswick, NJ | Full Time
SAMCO Inc. manufactures a wide variety of unique deposition (PECVD and ALD), etching (ICP and RIE), and surface treatment (Plasma Cleaning and UV-Ozone Cleaning) process equipment for industrial customers and academic facilities globally. We provide process expertise and turnkey systems to the compound semiconductor, MEMS, photonics, and other industries. SAMCO was founded in 1979 with headquarters in Kyoto Japan and has shipped more than 3,600 systems worldwide. With our global manufacturing, sales and service locations, SAMCO is the partners in progress to our customers, from lab to fab.
SAMCO is seeking a sales manager to grow the business in the Eastern region of North America. This position will promote, expand, maintain and support the sales of SAMCO’s deposition, etching and cleaning products in the target markets that include semiconductor, display, optoelectronics, MEMS, compound semiconductor and failure analysis. The target customers include R&D labs, production fabs, failure analysis labs, national labs and universities, etc. The position will be based at our office at East Brunswick, NJ or an alternative location.
Reporting to the General Manager of Account Management in North America, the Eastern Region Sales Manager will work with a cross-functional team that include R&D, engineering, applications support and field service groups in the West Coast office and at the headquarters in Japan.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow the sales and to meet the sales objectives in the Eastern regions of the U.S. and Canada.
- Identify new business opportunities for new or existing markets. Develop strategies to penetrate new markets/accounts and penetrate new products at existing accounts.
- Customer relationship management – Effectively utilize the high, wide and deep selling approach for multi-level selling. Utilize value selling and consultative selling skills to develop solid trust and relationships with customers. Influence the buying process by collaborating with key decision makers.
- Develop and implement account strategies for key accounts that include high touch customer organization chart, product and technology roadmap, customer expansion plan, identifying/creating compelling events and competitive landscape.
- Manage accurate sales forecast and sales funnel to convert opportunities to orders.
- Provide regular sales/account update to management that includes sales funnel summary, current revenue forecast versus plan and action plan to mitigate the revenue risk.
- Project manage complicated sales opportunities through the sales cycle from sales presentation to process demo, developing commercial proposal, negotiating the purchase order to winning the sales. Use influence management skills to lead cross functional team that include R&D, engineering and manufacturing to win business.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through driving customers’ issues to quick resolution by working with field support and engineering groups.
- Effectively communicate customers’ requirements to R&D/engineer to develop tailored solutions for the customers.
- Drive continuous improvement in existing products based on customers’ feedback.
- Provide customers input/requirements to R&D to aid new product development and to achieve design-wins.
- Evaluate the sales potentials of the opportunities and make necessary recommendations to management to invest/allocate resources to capture the sales opportunities.
- Structure win-win commercial proposals and utilize negotiation skills to win business.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and technical meetings hosted by trade associations to promote SAMCO’s products.
- Manage, motivate and support sales reps in the region to close business.
- Provide competitive intelligence to marketing/HQ.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or a technical discipline, MBA preferred.
- At least five years of experience in technical sales or applications support roles in the process equipment space in the semiconductor, display, optoelectronic, MEMS industries.
- Solid understanding of the semiconductor, display, optoelectronics, MEMS, compound semiconductor markets – Who’s is who in the value chain, market trends and requirements.
- Travel to customers’ sites in the U.S. and Canada up to 50% of the time.
- Knowledge of process equipment used in the target markets – RIE, PECVD, plasma/UV-Ozone cleaning. Process engineering and applications engineering knowledge preferred.
- Ability to identify customers’ issues and convert that to sales opportunities.
- Out of the box thinking
- Self starter, entrepreneurial
- Customer management skills – expectation management, escalation management.
- Negotiation skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Effective communications skills.
- Influence management skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity.
- People skills.
- Project management skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Company matching 401K
- 100% Employer paid medical insurance plans