Human Resources Manager
Human Resources | Alameda, CA | Full Time
Saildrone designs and manufactures wind and solar-powered autonomous surface vehicles called saildrones, which make cost-effective ocean data collection possible at scale. We are busy building the world's largest high-resolution ocean datasets, working with governments and private companies around the globe. We believe that better inputs in planetary models in turn yield better outputs and that the new insights gained in weather forecasting, carbon cycling, global fishing and climate change will have a tremendous impact on humanity. We are based in Alameda, CA and are backed by Social Capital, The Capricorn Investment Group, Lux Capital and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
About The Role
Saildrone is in search of a Human Resource Manager. Reporting to the COO, the HR Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- Process employee benefits data as well as other employee status changes in the company’s HR system
- Administer all aspects of the Company’s benefits plan and assist employees a needed
- Become familiar with and utilize Employee Handbook and other HR policies and procedures to answer questions and guide employees & managers
- Audit employee files and maintains accurate record keeping
- Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews
- Assist the executives and the HR department with culture initiatives and other employee wellness programs
- Develop a strong working relationship with other department and keep a pulse on the health of the culture, escalate issues as needed
- Ad hoc projects depending on needs of Human Resources team
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, Business or related fields
- 5+ years of experience
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification is desirable
- Superb organization skills, a proactive nature
- Proficiency with Google Apps and can pick up new software/internal tools quickly
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- A passion for Saildrone's mission
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- Healthy lunch program provided onsite
- Active sailing classes: become a certified skipper on boats up to 35ft!
- Fun team activities including our famous monthly social taxiway BBQ
- Waterfront office, a former airplane hangar that was once used to film 'The Matrix'
- Short and relaxing ferry ride from the Ferry Building for SF residents
- Enhanced paternity/maternity programs
- Competitive benefits including discounted gym, life insurance, 401k plan
This is an exciting new opportunity to drive your function at a fast-growing post series-A startup at the cutting edge intersection of big data services and autonomous hardware. You will be an integral part of an A+ multi-disciplinary team scaling a high-performance business while delivering high impact for humanity and future generations.
Our waterfront office offers beautiful views over San Francisco Bay in always sunny Alameda. Your commute could be a short and relaxing ferry ride from the Ferry Building. Even our walls have good karma, our offices mixing software development with a hardware production line in the former airplane hangar that was once used to film 'The Matrix'.
You can read what the press says about us:
Inc - The most exciting drones aren't in the air, they are in the oceans
The New York Times - No sailors needed: robot sailboats scour the oceans for data
NOAA - Sailing for scientific success in the Bering Sea
Wired - The drone that will sail itself around the world
Or watch the Saildrone mission being presented the TED stage
Saildrone is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Saildrone are considered the property of Saildrone and are not subject to payment of agency fees.