Graphic Designer - Marketing Content Manager
Marketing | Alameda, CA | Full Time
Saildrone designs and manufactures wind and solar powered autonomous surface vehicles called Saildrones, which make cost-effective ocean data collection possible at scale. We are working with governments, civic agencies, foundations, universities and private companies around the globe to drive better information about our oceans and seas - be it in mapping out the ocean floor, collecting new CO2 data in hard-to-reach areas, counting bio-mass to establish fishing quotas, or detecting and stopping illegal fishing and drug trafficking. We believe that better inputs in planetary models in turn yield better outputs and that the new insights gained in weather forecasting, carbon cycling, global fishing and climate change will have tremendous impact on humanity. We are based in Alameda, CA and are backed by Social Capital, The Capricorn Investment Group, Lux Capital, Horizons Venture and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will assume responsibility for content creation and channel management with forward-looking business goals while scaling our story-telling and tactical execution globally. This role encompasses story-telling and multi-stakeholder messaging. You will lead content and presentation development, and channel management while stewarding the development of our corporate brand. You will work to support sales campaigns and generally help Saildrone achieve maximum impact in support of our planetary mission.
You are an action-oriented leader who understands strategic direction and executes.
You possess a strong ability to collaborate, think strategically, build systems and have unquestioned integrity, experience and creativity to effectively communicate the Saildrone mission and solution specific details to various different and sometimes highly technical audiences. They will be accustomed to a fast-paced, yet thoughtful and inclusive, culture and leadership style.
- Create and maintain a consistent GTM bill of materials (BOM) / solutions library
- Ensure content maximizes the broader team's productivity and ability to self-serve in preparing for initial customer discussions
- Create mechanisms to empower sales to build scalable high-quality presentations
- Support executive leaders in preparing presentation content for high profile engagements
- Create digital storytelling content for key global Saildrone audiences (eg. science/impact customers, private enterprise, defense and civil government agencies, investors, and the general public)
- Media asset creation (Compelling presentations, graphics, infographics, illustrative diagrams, data visualization and ideally field photography and video skills)
- Media asset curation (digital asset management platform management)
- Content creation (Design and produce content for sales enablement, website use and social media amplification)
- Own and manage the main Saildrone website and associated SEO
- Social media video content (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience with key audience identification including digital profiling, channel management and creating targeted reach campaigns
- Presentations (working with Product and BD teams)
- Print & Digital collateral
- Monitor channel audience/ traffic / conversion performance / effectiveness
- Support speakers with story-telling and presentation shaping
- Support the production, design, look and feel of Saildrone new business proposals
- Own the brand values and their embodiments
- Ensure brand guidelines defined and shared
- Ensure templates for each medium readily available (word, ppt, google docs, keynote, etc.)
- Manage sourcing of branded stationary and giveaways
- Leverage partnerships to reinforce brand by association with our partners/customers
Degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field
Demonstrated track record of experience in hands on content creation and design, ideally video content creation - including experience with the standard design and multimedia software such as Adobe Creative Cloud operating programs including in Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects.
- Ability to build relationships and simplify complex information from technical SME’s into shareable content for a general audience.
- Understanding of production for print and digital | social media to create usable content for all potential distribution channels.
- A proactive self motivated team player
- An outstanding communicator who possesses excellent design, verbal and written skills as well as the ability to present information in a clear and compelling manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Must be a bright individual who clearly combines analytical reasoning, creativity, conceptual ability, empathy and solid judgment.
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- A natural leader, with a strong presence who has an open and direct communication style who is adaptable, flexible and adjusts to varied personalities and audiences effectively.
This position is located in Alameda, CA. Only candidates with proper permits to work in the United States can be considered. Our waterfront office offers beautiful views of San Francisco Bay in always sunny Alameda. Even our walls have good karma, our offices mix software development with a hardware production line in the former airplane hangar used to film 'The Matrix'.
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- Active sailing classes: become a certified skipper on boats up to 35ft! (once COVID safety allows)
- Short and relaxing ferry ride from the Ferry Building for SF residents
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- Competitive benefits including excellent medical, discounted gym, life insurance, 401k plan
This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing post series-B startup at the cutting-edge intersection of big data services and autonomous hardware. You will be an integral part of a high-performing multi-disciplinary delivering high impact for humanity and future generations.
You can read the latest about us:
- Saildrone Surveyor Launch (Jan 2021)
- WIRED: The Autonomous Saildrone Surveyor Preps for Its Sea Voyage (Jan 2021)
- Washington Post: Four autonomous vessels sailed the Arctic to more precisely map its seafloor(Oct 2020)
- USNI: Coast Guard Begins At-Sea Testing of Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Tackle Illegal Fishing, Crime (Oct 2020)
- Forbes: Five Ways Saildrone’s ‘Satellites Of The Seas’ Could Transform Mauritius Oil Spill Response (Sept 2020)
- Maritime Executive: Due to COVID-19, NOAA Uses Drones Instead of Ships for Fishery Survey (June 2020)
Or watch some of our videos: Bloomberg: The Robots Roaming the High Seas
Saildrone is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Saildrone are considered property of Saildrone and are not subject to payment of agency fees.