Marketing | Alameda, CA | Full Time
We have the amazing imagery and the global vision but we need a talented graphic designer to bring it all together for us in compelling pieces that will inspire our audience.
From brochures, collateral, exhibit displays, digital and web content to compelling user interfaces for our digital products, the designer will deliver creative content that captures the beauty of our product and the inspiring work we do in ocean science, mapping and maritime domain awareness.
The ideal person will have an interest in ocean environment and be expert in a variety of digital image and graphic design tools.
Please apply with your resume demonstrating experience in the design world and an outstanding portfolio that can match the creativity of the Saildrone team and products!
Saildrone designs and manufactures wind and solar powered autonomous surface vehicles called Saildrones, which make cost-effective ocean data collection possible at scale. We are working with governments, civic agencies, foundations, universities and private companies around the globe to drive better information about our oceans and seas - be it in mapping out the ocean floor, collecting new CO2 data in hard-to-reach areas, counting bio-mass to establish fishing quotas, or detecting and stopping illegal fishing and drug trafficking. We believe that better inputs in planetary models in turn yield better outputs and that the new insights gained in weather forecasting, carbon cycling, global fishing and climate change will have tremendous impact on humanity. We are based in Alameda, CA and are backed by Social Capital, The Capricorn Investment Group, Lux Capital, Horizons Venture and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will assume responsibility for creating digital content to enable sales, marketing and product departments to excel. This role encompasses story-telling and multi-stakeholder messaging. You will lead content and presentation development, while stewarding the development of our corporate visual branding. You will work to support sales campaigns as well as product UI, and be pivotal in helping Saildrone achieve its planetary mission.
You should possess a strong ability to collaborate, think strategically and creatively and communicate the Saildrone mission effectively to a multi-stakeholder audience. You should be accustomed to a fast-paced, yet thoughtful and inclusive, culture and leadership style.
Sales enablement and campaigns
- Create images, illustrations, 2D and 3D diagrams and other marketing content to empower our sales team to build scalable high-quality presentations
- Support executive leaders in preparing presentation content for high profile engagements
- Create print and digital imagery and collateral for key global Saildrone audiences (eg. science/impact customers, private enterprise, defense and civil government agencies, investors, and the general public)
- Compelling presentations, graphics, infographics, 2D and 3D illustrative diagrams, data visualization and ideally some general photography and video skills.
- Media asset curation (digital asset management platform management)
- Help shape impactful exhibit presence to enable Saildrone to stand out from the crowd.
- Maximize brand value through strategic graphic content generation, both internally and externally facing
- Ensure brand guidelines defined and shared
- Degree in graphic design, communications or related field
- Demonstrated track record of experience in hands on high end design and content creation.
- Experience with the design and multimedia software such as Adobe products including in Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dimension, Premiere, and After Effects.
- Ability to build relationships and simplify complex information from technical SME’s into shareable content for a general audience.
- Understanding of production for print and digital | social media to create usable content for all potential distribution channels.
- A proactive self motivated team player
- An outstanding communicator who possesses excellent design, verbal and written skills as well as the ability to present information in a clear and compelling manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Must be a bright individual who clearly combines analytical reasoning, creativity, conceptual ability, empathy and solid judgment.
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
This position is located in Alameda, CA. Only candidates with proper permits to work in the United States can be considered. Our waterfront office offers beautiful views of San Francisco Bay in always sunny Alameda.
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- Active sailing classes: become a certified skipper on boats up to 35ft! (once COVID safety allows)
- Short and relaxing ferry ride from the Ferry Building for SF residents
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- Competitive benefits including excellent medical, discounted gym, life insurance, 401k plan
This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing post series-B startup at the cutting-edge intersection of big data services and autonomous hardware. You will be an integral part of a high-performing multi-disciplinary delivering high impact for humanity and future generations.
You can read the latest about us:
- Saildrone Surveyor Launch (Jan 2021)
- WIRED: The Autonomous Saildrone Surveyor Preps for Its Sea Voyage (Jan 2021)
- Washington Post: Four autonomous vessels sailed the Arctic to more precisely map its seafloor(Oct 2020)
- USNI: Coast Guard Begins At-Sea Testing of Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Tackle Illegal Fishing, Crime (Oct 2020)
- Forbes: Five Ways Saildrone’s ‘Satellites Of The Seas’ Could Transform Mauritius Oil Spill Response (Sept 2020)
- Maritime Executive: Due to COVID-19, NOAA Uses Drones Instead of Ships for Fishery Survey (June 2020)
- Or watch some of our videos: Bloomberg: The Robots Roaming the High Seas
Saildrone is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Saildrone are considered property of Saildrone and are not subject to payment of agency fees.