Accounting | Los Gatos, CA | Full Time
Rutherford Investments is engaged primarily in the acquisition, development, redevelopment, operation and long-term ownership of apartment communities and mobile home parks in California. The company owns and operates a portfolio of apartment communities and mobile home parks concentrated in many of the most desirable neighborhoods in California.
Rutherfords assets total $1.2 billion. The company strives to continually upgrade the quality of its portfolio through the selective sale of assets, using proceeds to fund investments with higher anticipated growth prospects.
Provides accounting support and reports to the Controller for Rutherford Investments. Rutherford Investments is engaged primarily in the acquisition, development, redevelopment, operation and long-term ownership of apartment communities and manufactured housing in California. We are a fast growing, dynamic company looking for an energetic self-starting individual who will be responsible for accurate and timely analysis and reporting of accounting records.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accurate property and corporate accounting transactions in A/P, A/R, Payroll and General Journal
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual financial reconciliations and reporting
- Improves property financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Work closely with executive teams, advising them on different reports, principles and relevant accounting and financial data
- Assist with annual property budgets
- Maintain control of and accountability for appropriate files and detailed records
- Contributes to other corporate goals as required
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experienced in Accounting Assistance and/or Property Management Support
- Exposure to construction accounting a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Familiarity with accounting systems such as; Quickbooks, Sage, RealPage, or other like applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills
- Work with little supervision in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Interact effectively as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
- Proficient with all MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Accounting: 2+ years, property management accounting experience preferred