Level II Industrial Radiographer
Manufacturing | Fremont, Ohio | Full Time
Rust Belt Recruiting’s client is seeking to fill the position of Industrial Radiographer located in Fremont, OH.This position requires experience and certifications as a NDT Level II Radiographer and Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP). Individual will be responsible for independently conducting nondestructive examinations (RT) for weld inspections related to the fabrication of welded pressure vessels in a production line environment. Inspection techniques include visual, dimensional, and x-ray radiography / radioscopic examinations. Must have a willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities aimed at improving the facilities production and QA efficiencies. To be considered applicants must provide proof of current or previous certifications and experience.
Principle Responsibilities & Activities
- Set up and utilize x-ray testing equipment to produce images of production welds for interpretation.
- Compliance with company procedures and applicable regulations for controlling radiation area(s) to ensure safety of personnel and maintaining equipment operability.
- Independently perform tests and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written acceptance criteria.
- Complete daily test logs and reports.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on x-ray imaging equipment.
- Work effectively with production personnel to keep production line running effectively. Requires interfacing with Welding Operators, QA Personnel, Production Supervisors, Level III Examiner and Third Party Inspector(s).
- Requires moderate physical force and ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 1 year Industrial Radiographer experience preferably in a manufacturing production environment, 3 years preferred.
- Experience in accurately analyzing and interpreting images of welds with the ability to report the test results in a clear manner.
- Familiarity utilizing industrial Radiography NDT procedures, specifications and codes such as ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certified as a NDT Level II Radiographer within last six months and certifiable to SNT-TC-1A Level II RT. Requires passing company NDT Level II Radiographer examinations.
- Current or proven skill set in acquiring Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) Certification. Ability to maintain proficiency as required to retaining certification.
- Capable of passing vision tests required to meet minimum standards for qualification, including color perception and J-2 near vision.
Pay Range: $21.60 to $23.50 /hour