Waverly, OH Full-Time Diesel Mechanic - Flexible Scheduling
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Full Time Diesel Mechanic
MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO APPLY
Competitive Wages, Benefits, Flexible Schedules Available, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401K Match!!
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Reports To: Truck Shop Manager
Job Location: Waverly, OH
FLSA Status: Hourly — Non-Exempt
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS:
- Determines vehicle condition by concluding inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, -repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and, replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including beating loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches end fraction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning„ washing and, painting
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies: performing preventative maintenance;
- Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or an associate's degree or diploma in diesel mechanic or automotive engineering or any other related filed not required but preferred
- 2+ years of experience working-at a diesel mechanic
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Exceptional organizational and problem salving skills
- Awareness of operational safety requirements and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirement per regulatory bodies.
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery
- Good visual acuity and the ability to communicate
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-past environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Basic computer skills and diagnostic software
- Electronic Logging Devices such as Peoplenet
Please call Candyce Pearce with any questions at 217-235-7102 ext. 2735.