Truck Driver - Mattoon, IL
Transportation / DC / Truck Driving | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Class A CDL Drivers Needed!
Local, Regional and OTR Positions Available!
Why Drive for RK Transportation?
- Flexible Home Time - Local, Regional and OTR Routes Available
- Full Time Drivers average $60,895 Annually
- .40 - .47 CPM
- .03 CPM Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Overnight, Detention and Layover Pay
- Rural King Shares Program - $300 Company Match
- 401K with Company Match
- $1,500 Referral Bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and Accident Insurance Options
- Paid Vacation and Holiday's
- No Touch Freight
- Passenger Program - 13 years and older
- 90% Drop and Hook
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Well Maintained and Safe Equipment
- Direct Deposit
- Other Great Benefits such as YMCA discounts and STAR Bonus Program
About Us: Rural King Transportation is a private carrier hauling a variety of goods for Rural King Supply, we are located in Mattoon, IL and have been operating since 1960, with a strong growth plan we are continuing to grow and add qualified experiences professional drivers. We have terminals in Mattoon, IL and Waverly, OH with local, regional and OTR opportunities available.
- Operates equipment in accordance with DOT regulations and follows company procedures and policies, while adhering to all state, federal and local laws
- On time delivery and the ability to manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible.
- Understand driver's hours of service regulations and properly complete a daily log book
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on tractors and trailers and report defects found to maintenance personnel and other mechanical failures immediately
- Communicates delivery specific information to transportation personnel to aid in territory planning and route maintenance
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving professionally, serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel to benefit the business
- Other duties may be requested by management
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year tractor trailer experience
- Valid CDL-A with current state of residence on license
- No moving Violations within the last 2 years or reckless/careless driving violation within the last 3 years
- No speeding violations at or above 15 MPH over the posted speed limit in the last 5 years
- No revocation or suspensions related to moving violations, DUI/DWI or felony convictions within the last 3 years
- No DOT recordable or preventable accdients of any kind within the last 3 years
- Must list 10 years employment history, if applicable, on application
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must be able to obtain hazmat and tanker endorsement within 3 months of date of hire