Transportation / DC / Truck Driving | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Transportation Manager, Rural King Transportation
Reports To: Director of Transportation
Job Location: Waverly, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for all aspects of the Waverly, OH Transportation Terminal including freight, operations, administrative functions, safety, maintenance and driver retention. They will supervise, direct and coordinate activities such as making sure freight makes it to its destination in a timely manner, coordinating driver issues with proper departments, being a driver advocate and ensuring that the day to day operations of the Waverly, OH facility operation in a smooth and timely manner.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Oversee the Waverly, OH terminal and partner with the correct departments to implement processes and procedures to continue to develop the growth at the terminal.
- Handle driver issues and partner with drivers, departments and management to make sure drivers needs are met and reduce turnover.
- Direct transportation activities to maintain efficiency, profitability and satisfaction at the Waverly terminal.
- Monitor the budget, metrics and DOT compliance throughout the terminal.
- Develop a strong and positive presence of our Transportation Department in Waverly, OH to help continue collecting driver leads and help recruiting efforts, including conducting road tests and interviews.
- Partner heavily with operations to ensure that our customer needs are being met.
- Partner with operations safety and HR to help with driver coaching, training and other communications to our fleet.
- Must be a self starter, willing to take the initiative and able and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Great multi tasking
- Intermediate Computer Skills and Data Entry required; Microsoft Office
- Prior Transportation Experience required - 5 plus years preferred
- Prior Management Experience required - 5 plus years preferred
- Prior knowledge of transportation specific software preferred - TMW, Peoplenet, Skybitz
- Previous experience with truck maintenance and other DOT regulations required
- Must have a valid drivers license to assist with moving equipment; A CDL is required
- Assist in managing and providing service to company drivers
- Manage other departments within transportation
- Will have a company Cell Phone and be on call