Corporate | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Training Specialist
Reports To: Vice President of Human Resources
Job Location: Corporate Office, Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
Responsible for the creation and facilitation of training and development programs. Involves a high level of technical knowledge for curriculum and training design, content development, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop content, training materials, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials as needed using a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Collaborate with the training team in determining the most effective solutions for the training and development needs of internal customers
- Stay involved and connected with the latest technologies and processes to create efficient and effective training
- Adapt between various methods of training delivery (facilitator led, blended learning, micro-learning, web-based training, etc.) to best accommodate the needs of the organization
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts and conduct research as needed to obtain the information to be taught
- Identify, evaluate, select, and partner with appropriate vendors as needed for delivery of externally produced training.
- Develop & implement learner testing and training feedback
- Use discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related training and development experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in creating instructional materials with the use of eLearning design programs such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate preferred
- Experience with Adobe Premier or similar video editing software preferred
- Certifications for leadership training courses valued (Franklin Covey, John Maxwell (JMT) or similar)
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously
- Strong organizational, analytical, creative, problem solving and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to effectively respond to common inquiries from employees, or members of the business community
- Proven experience with successful project management & time management preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.