DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Hiring Truck Shop Manager
Job Title: Trailer Mechanic
Reports To: Truck Shop Manager
Job Location: Mattoon, IL/Waverly, OH
FLSA Status: Hourly — Non-Exempt
Maintains trailer equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies; adjusting and alignments; keeping records.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Determines vehicle condition by concluding inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades
* Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, -repairing, adjusting, assembling, disassembling and, replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, lighting to include wiring and lights, air brake systems to include brake chambers, slack adjusters, brake shoes, brake drums, air lines, valves, air tanks, glad hands, and all other parts associated with the air brake system. This will also include all DOT mandated items to include DOT bumpers and all required reflective tape applications, tires to include proper tread depth and inflation amounts, and structural integrity of the trailer body to include but not limited to holes, cross members, side posts and doors
* Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
* Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, painting, and maintaining decals.
* Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies: performing preventative maintenance;
* Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or an associate's degree or diploma in trailer mechanic or automotive engineering or any other related filed not required but preferred
* 1+ years of experience working-as a trailer mechanic
* Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
* Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
* Awareness of operational safety and DOT requirements and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirement per regulatory bodies.
* Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines
* Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery
* Good visual acuity and the ability to communicate
* Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
* Ability to work in a fast-past environment.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
* Basic computer skills and diagnostic software
* Electronic Tracking Devices such as SkyBitz.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Successful applicants must pass drug screen
MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO APPLY