Tractor Sales Associate
RK Tractors and Power Equipment | Parkersburg, WV | Full Time
Job Title: Tractor Sales Associate
Reports To: Store Manager/Power Equipment Manager
Job Location: Store
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The primary role of the Tractor Sales Associate is to conduct sales in the absence of the Power Equipment Manager in addition to providing excellent customer service to new and existing clients.
The range of equipment includes diesel-powered compact tractors from 21HP up to 74HP, as well as garden tractors, mowing equipment and other types of lawn and garden maintenance equipment. This position will at times be responsible for service parts ordering, as well as filing warranty claims. This is a full time, hourly position. Applicants must be able demonstrate the ability and knowledge required for this position. The candidate shall also possess good customer communication skills.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide high-quality customer service (including problem resolution)
- Ensure the safe use of equipment & tools
- Responsible for keeping Tractor, 3-point, and outside sidewalk clean
- Responsible for tracking/updating all price changes on equipment
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner
- Possess strong communications skills as customer interaction may be frequent and may include equipment sales support skills
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Ability to participate in the equipment sales process is highly desired
- Ability to work independently (mostly outdoors) without supervision.
- Self driven and able to follow instructions.
- Has a passion for learning in relation to Power Equipment/Salesmanship.
- Mechanical knowledge would be a positive.
- High School Diploma or higher.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate well with customers
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.