Accounting | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Exemption Classification: Administrative
The purpose of the Tax Accountant is to assist in all aspects of sales and use returns, commercial activity tax returns, informational returns, sku taxability investigation and application, and state audit support.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Monthly account analysis across all tax accounts
- Monitor new sku creation taxability from new products coming in from the purchasing department
- Monitor ever changing state and local government sales & use tax requirements across
- Monthly filing of sales and use tax returns
- Filing quarterly commercial activity returns for Ohio locations
- Researching state and local government reporting requirements for new states we are entering business in
- Work closely with stores to identify deficiencies in the process of invoicing and exemptions classifications and provide training where necessary
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 3-4 years of practical work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
My signature confirms that I have reviewed and agree with this job description.
Associate Signature Date