Talent Acquisition and Retention Specialist
HR | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Talent Acquisition and Retention Specialist
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Human Resources Director
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
This position is critical to the overall success of the talent acquisition and retention strategy at the Store Support Center related to sourcing, full-cycle recruiting, interviewing, hiring, engagement, retention, and the candidate and associate experience. This position is responsible for driving applicant flow, employer brand awareness, and delivering upon both immediate short-term needs and strategic long-term projects.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Recruit for multiple categories of associates at the Store Support Center as well as for the Digital Aisle department and Power Equipment Mobile Techs.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and to develop effective strategies.
- Ensure a strong candidate pipeline by executing staffing initiatives and creating innovative sourcing strategies and solutions.
- Help to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria and company values.
- Create and maintain relationships with high performing, active, and passive talent.
- Regularly follow-up with hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruiting process.
- Provide personal, hands-on involvement, direction, and support to candidates.
- Make final hiring recommendations in partnership with hiring manager, including preparation of final offer letter.
- Provide guidance on industry trends related to recruiting and retention.
- Manage the background, drug screening, and relocation process for your candidates.
- Manage job postings, recruitment materials, and advertisements.
- Coordinate reference checks, pre-screenings, and the onboarding process.
- Generate recruiting data and reports.
- Drive associate engagement and positive outcomes through programs companywide that generate excitement towards company values, goals, and culture.
- Establish positive working relationships and credibility with associates and leadership to drive engagement companywide.
- Work closely with college contacts on career fair opportunities, partnerships, networking, and speaking engagements.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in making decisions.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- At least 1 year of recruiting experience and a bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Professional Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System.
- Knowledge of social networking technology as a recruiting tool including LinkedIn.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, and communication skills with the ability to effectively listen.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments to meet deadlines with exceptional accountability and follow up.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.