Store Manager in Training
Store Management | Ft Wayne, IN | Full Time
Job Title: Store Manager in Training
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Executive
Relocation Required - Candidates Hired will be required to relocate upon completion of training
The Store Manager leads the store location’s operation. The primary role of the Store Manager is to build revenue by equipping the store’s team of associates in product knowledge, understanding of the day-to-day store operations, sales, safety & loss prevention, store appearance, customer service, and merchandising. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the operations of the assigned store in alignment with Rural King’s mission statement
- Supervise and direct all managers and store associates
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring, firing, promotions, and assignments
- Directs all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals
- Coordinate the efforts of all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel
- Take a hands-on approach with directing daily goals for the Assistant Store Managers
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and concerns
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds
- Develop the product knowledge and sales techniques of the team
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Become an expert with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment
- Maximize inventory, cash control, and loss prevention techniques
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- 2+ years retail management experience
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with people
- Ability to relocate within the mid-west
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word
- Proficient User of computer software systems
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50 hour workweek (10 hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements
- Supervise and direct the assistant managers, department managers, and store associates.
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring, firing, promotions, and assignments.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.