Store Planning | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Space Planner
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Director of Store Planning
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Space Planner will be part of a team that’s goal is to maintain and plan all future facilities improvements. These efforts will include collaboration of long-range planning, transfers of space analysis, and space utilization planning. Working with a team of management, IT, Purchasing, Operations and Financial personnel, the Planner will be forecasting future space needs, developing space standards, and policies. Utilizing a well-tempered approach to customer service is crucial, as this role interacts with many individuals
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assigns or classifies space according to pertinent standards and procedures.
- Manages the Planogram process from request to implementation.
- Provides information or reports on current space utilization and dimensions.
- Maintains information or data on store layouts, site plans, and Planograms.
- Maintains detailed space utilization data and inventory.
- Recommends changes in space assignment and facilities inventory processing to supervisor.
- Works closely with others to plan store layout, to include Planogram sets, detail pages, features, and/or other pertinent needs.
- Maintain the Innovation Store by pricing items for sales, positioning items to make room for new sets, and sorting. products coming in for the buyers.
- Be the point of contact for all vendors visiting the Innovation Store and preparing for the new stores.
- Maintain the calendar for vendors coming to the Innovation Store.
- Process invoices for the store planning department.
- Maintain store supply and fixture inventory in the distribution centers.
- Work with vendors on quoting, negotiate and placing orders for store fixtures and accessories.
- Coordinate supply orders by uploading them from the company intranet and responding to questions from stores.
- Utilizing storage software and applications for electronic filing.
- Perform transcription and conversion work.
- Proofread documents upon request.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 1-2 years of experience in retail preferred
- Experience with JDA, Visio, Microsoft Office, Epicor, and Eagle preferred
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.