Space Planner 1
Store Support (Corporate Office) | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Space Planner I
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Director of Store Planning
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Space Planner I will be part of a team that’s goal is to maintain and plan all future facilities improvements. These efforts will include collaboration of long-range planning, transfers of space analysis, and space utilization planning. Working with a team of management, IT, Purchasing, Operations and Financial personnel, the Planner will be forecasting future space needs, developing space standards, and policies. Utilizing a well-tempered approach to customer service is crucial, as this role interacts with many individuals
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assigns or classifies space according to pertinent standards and procedures.
- Manages the POG process from request to implementation
- Provides information or reports on current space utilization and dimensions.
- Maintains information or data on store layouts, site plans, and POGs.
- Maintains detailed space utilization data and inventory.
- Recommends changes in space assignment and facilities inventory processing to supervisor.
- Works closely with others to plan store layout, to include POG sets (A,B,C,D,etc), detail pages, features, and/or other pertinent needs.
- Maintain the Innovation Center by pricing items for sales, positioning items to make room for new sets, and sorting products coming in for the buyers
- Be the point of contact for all vendors visiting the Innovation Center and preparing for the new stores
- Maintain the calendar for vendors coming to the Innovation Center
- Process invoices for the store planning department
- Maintain store supply and fixture inventory in the distribution centers
- Work with vendors on quoting, negotiate and placing orders for store fixtures and accessories
- Coordinate supply orders by uploading them from the company intranet and responding to questions from stores
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- 1-2 years of experience in retail preferred
- Experience with JDA, Visio, Microsoft Office, Epicor, and Eagle preferred
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day