Senior Network Administrator
Corporate | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Serve as the main Senior Network Administrator for the Rural King footprint. Work on/with managing and monitoring layer 2 and layer 3 traffic within a Cisco Managed Environment. Main contact for all network related issues and escalation.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the main Network Administrator for the entire Rural King Inc. footprint and all 95 stores and Distribution Center locations.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Serve as the main contact on network-related projects, outages and issues
- Co-Develop and document disaster recovery plan procedures
- Resolve mission-critical issues
- Use Whatsupgold for traffic monitoring snmp/netflow
- Proven work experience in a Cisco network environment. This includes switching, routing, firewall and IPS experience.
- Strong understanding of Layer 3, subnets and TCP/IP stack
- Self-managed leader with strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities to proactively manage and tune the current network infrastructure
- Degree in corresponding field or equivalent in work experience
- IT Industry certification is not required but welcomed ex. CCNA
- Must effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- High level of flexibility required to adapt to change requirements and user needs
- Minimum 3 years work experience directly related to network and server support
- Must have excellent communications skills
- May be required to perform other duties
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.