IT | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Security Engineer
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Senior Network Architect
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Responsible for building, supporting, and monitoring the security posture of the business, conducting/coordinating security control audits, identifying potential gaps/risks, and ensuring compliance risks that could compromise company information. This role maintains systems to protect data from unauthorized users. Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations. This position will manage a broad set of activities, including access control, vulnerability management, auditing, evaluating the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance of operation processes with corporate security policies and related industry regulation.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead, coordinate, and manage identity and access management program and authorizes appropriate levels of security based on user needs, guidelines, and policy.
- Establish plans and protocols to protect information assets from unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Develop security standards and best practices to meet internal business partner’s security needs.
- Partner with technical administrators, application developers and technical peers to address questions and assist in all IT audits, IT risk assessments, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform vulnerability assessments of the IT security posture within the enterprise networks, systems, and software applications.
- Facilitate remediation of identified vulnerabilities, reports on findings and recommendations for corrective action.
- Oversee the security patch management program: servers and desktops.
- Analyze security breaches and policy violations to determine root cause.
- Facilitate the incident response process to ensure the appropriate urgency and discretion is used and communication is facilitated within the incident response guidelines.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and standards that meet existing and newly developed policy and regulatory requirements including ISO 2700x, NIST, PCI, ISO.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of training materials and communications to educate user group.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- Experience collaborating with technical professionals and working in a team environment
- Experience in identifying security gaps and generating the necessary requirements to address those gaps
- Experience working with vendors to provide proactive technology recommendations to the company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an appropriate technical discipline
- A minimum of 2 years in relevant information security experience focused on technical analyst work
- CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Security Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other related information security credentials strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions