Sales Tax Accountant, Temporary Position
Corporate Office | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 74+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Sales Tax Accountant
Job Location: Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Duration: Temporary Position, approximately 3 months; with opportunity for hire after assignment
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner.
- Reconcile sales with the appropriate tax rate.
- Administer audits to ensure sales tax related accounting procedures are followed.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Familiar with multi-state sales & use tax requirements including regulations, exemptions and online filing.
- Good working knowledge of entering journal entries related to sales tax and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- 4-year degree in Accounting or equivalent in experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.