Sales Associate (Gun Barn)
Store | Mattoon, IL Store | Part Time
Job Title: Sales Associate - Gun Barn
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
Job Location: Store Location
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Sales Associates duties are merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, and price questions. This position is also required to help with merchandising, stocking and assisting customers in the Sporting Goods department. This position requires attention to detail on forms & verification of identity and security.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Merchandise, stock, and assemble merchandise when required
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment
- Learn your area with store standards, pricing integrity and product knowledge
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety
- Develop product knowledge
- Set POG neat, clean and orderly.
- Ensure Price Busters, Advertised, and Best Value items are signed correctly
- Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Operate Telxon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Must be able to pass FFL Guard training.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old
- Strong communications (written, oral and interpersonal skills)
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: including with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire on-boarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally with all audiences (in-person or via handheld transceiver)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.