Sales Associate - Firearms
Sporting Goods | Decatur, IL | Part Time
Gun Sales Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Location: Decatur, Illinois
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS**
Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity.
Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization.
Whether it’s in one of our 70+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth.
Rural King is looking for a Gun Sales Customer Service Representative to join our team! Successful candidates will render a variety of services to our customers. This candidate will need to have firearm knowledge. Candidates should pride themselves on their professionalism, should be outgoing, personable and a conversationalist. Part time positions are available.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- May be required to perform other duties
- MUST have valid FOID card
- MUST be a minimum of 21 yrs of age
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Deal directly with customers
· Respond promptly to customer inquiries
· Handle and resolve customer complaints
· Provide pricing
· Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
· Follow up on customer interactions
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions
- Give consistent quality customer service ensuring a successful shopping experience
- Practice sound safety knowledge & best practices for materials handling
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Knowledge of relevant computer applications
· Ability to type
· Numeric, oral and written language applications
· Product knowledge
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.