Rural King Transportation Recruiting and Safety Coordinator
Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Rural King Transportation Recruiting and Safety Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and hiring talented CDL drivers, improving and maintaining a safety program, assisting with HR functions and the development and coordination of a CDL Training program, with a large emphasis on recruiting.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Recruit and Sell Rural King Transportation driving opportunities to prospective professional CDL drivers, providing details on pay scale, miles and benefits.
- Assist with the driver on boarding process
- Make calls daily and manage an applicant work list
- Interview and prescreen applicants and make hiring recommendations
- Develop and maintain a professional but paternal relationship with each driver to insure their needs are being met by the company
- Improve and create new innovative training and safety programs
- Advocate and maintain a strong commitment to safety
- Enter driver information and update software such as TMW
- Investigate accidents and/or incidents
- Follow all Department of Transportation guidelines and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral, while interacting with professional drivers and surrounding communities.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Minimum 2+ years of Human Resources or Recruiting experience required
- Minimum 2+ years in transportation or transportation related field
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Must be effective in a team environment