RURAL KING Repair Shop Mechanic / Tire shop
Store | Wooster, OH | Full Time and Part Time
Repair Shop Mechanic/ Tire Shop
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Location: Store
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The primary role of the Repair Shop Mechanic is to process all work orders for customer repairs, as well as servicing/repairing their equipment. This position is also in charge of part ordering as well as filing warranty claims. The canidate must be able to work with our tire machine to mount and unmount vehicle tires and agricultural tires, as well as be able to install automotive batteries.
This is a full time or part time hourly position. Applicants must be able demonstrate ability and knowledge required for this position.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide high-quality repair services on all work orders
- Initiate outstanding sales and service on all work orders
- Ensure exceptional safety of equipment & tools as well as cleanliness of the shop
- Responsible for completing all warranty paperwork in a timely manner
- Responsible for special order parts for all work orders
- Responsible for completing service work in a timely manner
- Responsible for the mounting and balancing of customer tires.
- Expert mechanical abilities in small engine, diesel, and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of tire machine and functions
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- May be required to perform other duties.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General mechanic equipment
- Tire mount and balancer machine
- Eagle operating systems
- Vendor warranty sites
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.