RK Transportation Truck Shop Manager
Transportation / DC / Truck Driving | Waverly, OH Store | Full Time
This position is responsible for the management of company fleet equipment and DOT compliant semi tractors and trailers. It requires the supervision of a team of mechanics who are responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the fleet. Position will work Monday-Friday with some Saturday mornings.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Planning and scheduling the repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the shop
- Hire and make recommendations on employment status
- Directs all maintenance personnel to reduce costs and maintain reliable fleet
- Ensure heavy duty repairs including the following: Servicing, diagnosis and repair of engine oil, transmission oil, rear and front differential oil, power steering oil, filters, electrical, air, fuel and air conditioning systems, wheel end assemblies, drive line assemblies and any internal components of the differentials, transmission or motor
- Ensure exceptional safety of equipment & tools as well as cleanliness of the shop
- Tracking and organizing driver’s DVIRs, parts ordered for each truck or trailer, and any maintenance receipts for repairs
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and issue resolution to ensure all tasks are properly completed and is in accordance with the Company’s safety and compliance procedures and DOT regulations
- Assisting the Director of Transportation in ensuring proper staffing with qualified personnel
- Communicating specific work assignments and responsibilities to associates
- Ensuring inventory is secured, stored and only accessible to the associates in accordance to the company guidelines
- Assisting the Director of Transportation in implementing programs and procedures to ensure the safety of associates
- Must be able to work at least 45 hours a week
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take the initiative and able and willing to work without direct supervision
- Computer and data-entry skills required; Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with truck maintenance and/or DOT regulations preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license to assist in moving vehicles; A CDL is preferred, but not required
- Manage mechanics in the truck shop
- Assist in managing and providing service to company drivers
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Microsoft Office
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.