Repair Shop Mechanic, Angola, IN
Store | Angola, IN | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast! We are adding 10 new locations each year!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 65+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Repair Shop Mechanic
Reports To: Assistant Manager
Job Location: Store
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The primary role of the Repair Shop Mechanic is to process all work orders for customer repairs, as well as servicing/repairing their equipment. This position is also in charge of part ordering as well as filing warranty claims. This is a full time, hourly position. Applicants must be able demonstrate ability and knowledge required for this position.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide high-quality repair services on all work orders
- Initiate outstanding sales and service on all work orders
- Ensure exceptional safety of equipment & tools as well as cleanliness of the shop
- Responsible for completing all warranty paperwork in a timely manner
- Responsible for special order parts for all work orders
- Responsible for completing service work in a timely manner
- Expert mechanical abilities in small engine, diesel, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- May be required to perform other duties.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General mechanic equipement
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.