Regional Manager In Training, Florida Market
Store Management | Spring Hill, FL | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast and expanding in Florida!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 67+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Regional Manager In Training
Reports To: Operations Vice President
Job Location: Multiple store locations in Florida
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Regional Manager In Training will oversee 4 Florida retail store locations’ operations of the fastest growing farm & home retailer in the Midwest. The existing store is in Spring Hill with future locations in Leesburg, Bonita Springs, and Inverness. This position will train during the first year to gain the skills needed to manage and open the Florida stores. The primary role of this position is to direct the store managers in building revenue by equipping the stores’ teams in product knowledge, understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, compliance, and merchandising. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to drive profit and identify and grow talent.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the operations of multiple stores in alignment with Rural King’s mission statement.
- Coordinate the efforts of store managers to build revenue and meet sales and profit goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Become an expert with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Maximize inventory, cash control, and loss prevention techniques.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- Execute company initiatives and ensure stores are meeting compliance standards.
- 7+ years retail management experience.
- 2+ years multi-store retail management experience with total of $70+ million in sales
- Ability to relocate within the region.
- Ability to travel from store to store on a daily basis with some overnight stays.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: work weekdays and weekends as needed.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Supervise and direct Store Managers.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, pallet jack, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.