RECEIVING Department Manager, Zephyrhills, FL
Store | Zephyrhills, FL | Full Time
RECEIVING Department Manager needed
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 76+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Receiving Department Manager
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary role of the Receiving Manager is to deliver the merchandise from the delivery truck to the sales floor. The position requires a keen awareness of loss prevention, and a dedicated commitment to the best receiving procedures & practices established by the company. The receiving manager will also provide maintenance of store & receiving areas cleanliness and appearance, excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Quality control: ensure accuracy of merchandise as product entering the store
- Aid the Management team in tracking all merchandise.
- Commitment to company established receiving practices
- Ability to analyze reports to help identify potential shrink
- Providing safe environment by keeping work areas clean & organized
- Use of telexon gun and/or computer to complete all purchase orders
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Develop strategies and plans to effectively deliver merchandise to the sales floor
- Communicates professionally with all Rural King personnel
- Understands merchandising & provides timely delivery & management of merchandise
- Locate merchandise strategically in coordination with the management team
- Execute company action plans to increase sales and profits and reduce shrink
- Standing or walking for long periods of time
- Repetitive lifting, bending, carrying, and pushing
- Use of forklift, pallet jack, and other retail equipment
- Must be able to work 40 hour work-week
- All other duties as assigned
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training.
- Meet and greet every customer within 10 feet.
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs.
- Stock freight and assemble merchandise when required.
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety.
- Develop product knowledge.
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- 1+ years retail management experience, with knowledge of inventory functions
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40 hour workweek with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Supervise and direct store associates in assigned department.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun and other retail equipment.
- Pallet Jack
- Bailing Machine
- safety knives
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.