Quality Assurance Tester
IT | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Quality Assurance Tester
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Senior Director of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Status: Administrative
The Quality Assurance Tester will be responsible for unit testing, integration testing, system testing, & user acceptance testing, and maintenance of the Dev/Test environments within the Rural King environment. Development and execution of individual test cases, test scripts, and utilization of automation to improve timeliness of testing. Oversee practices and processes to ensure integrity, safety and availability of all data and applications as part of Rural King’s information systems. Ensure best practices of the SLDC are utilized.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintenance of the Rural King application quality assurance and development environments.
- Provide end users guidance and support for application software.
- Create functional documents such as training instructions for end users.
- Provide functional & technical assistance to internal customers.
- Assist with training end users on software systems.
- Provide technical assistance when applications are being designed, developed, and tested.
- Participate in all phases of SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Analyze and review enhancements for compatibility and insure they adhere to operating guidelines.
- Perform integration testing.
- Prepare and present status reports to internal customers.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create test cases, identify, document & resolve issues.
- Monitor application for compliance to IT standards & policies.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 3 years of applications support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence Documentation Tools.
- 3 years’ experience and proficiency with ERP, WMS, MDM, Ecommerce, & HRIS applications.
- Experience and proficiency with Oracle RMS, Financials, Xstore, or Financials a plus.
- Demonstrated communication (Written & Verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions