Pets Department Specialist
Store | Paris, IL | Full Time
Job Title: Department Associate
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Location: Store
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department Associates execute pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, and price questions. This position is also required to help with carry-outs and load-outs or operate a cash register in a back-up capacity.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Merchandise, stock, and assemble merchandise when required
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety
- Develop product knowledge
- Set POG neat, clean and orderly.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Strong communications (written, oral and interpersonal skills)
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with work hours.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.