Store Support (Corporate Office) | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Payroll Clerk
Reports To: Payroll Manager
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Payroll Clerk is to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll records by compiling, organizing, and entering data into the payroll system.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a point-of-contact for Administrative Coordinator with payroll related corrections and support
- Compute wages and deductions and enter data into the payroll system
- Record payroll status changes, such as exemptions, transfers, terminations, and tax status
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Process paperwork for new Store Support associates, Managers and Administrative Coordinators and enter associate information into the payroll system
- Process the WOTC forms
- Run associate time, production, and payroll data reports
- Assist in special projects for the Human Resources Department
- Give accesses and passwords for Administrative Coordinators and Store Managers
- Reset Passwords for Mangrove, Infor, E-Verify, Brinks, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- 1+ years payroll or data processing experience
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapts quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills, and follow up effectively with all staffing levels
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.