Corporate Office | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 65+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Payroll Clerk
Reports To: Payroll Manager
Job Location: Corporate Office, Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Ensures the timely and accurate processing of payroll records by compiling, organizing, and entering data into the payroll system.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a point-of-contact for Office Managers with payroll related corrections and support.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into the payroll system.
- Record payroll status changes, such as exemptions, transfers, terminations, and tax status.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Process paperwork for new corporate associates and enter associate information into the payroll system.
- Processes the WOTC forms.
- Run associate time, production, and payroll data reports.
- Input and prepare bonus checks for distribution.
- Act as a back-up for processing payroll.
- Assist in special projects for the Human Resources Department.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1+ years payroll processing experience.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapts quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills, and follow up effectively with all staffing levels.