Parts and Warranty Administrator
RK Tractors and Power Equipment | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Parts and Warranty Administrator
Reports to: Parts, Warranty, and Service Manager
Job Location: Waverly OH
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
This purpose of the parts and warranty administrator is to review claims for parts and equipment and assess the determination of coverage under applicable warranty. Will be responsible for entering the items into the system, submit the requests for fulfillment, and maintain databases of all customers and warranty parts needed. Warranty administrators will also be responsible for customer communication regarding obtaining and understanding additional warranty requests. Other key responsibilities include coordinating the ordering and shipping of all parts, collecting payments for partial warranties and training employees in the warranty department.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for ordering of parts to include the best shipping method for the company and maintenance needs
- Communicate with technicians on special orders and delivery status in a timely manner
- Assigns received parts to work order
- Receive parts with all necessary paperwork for installation on power equipment
- Runs a low stock report weekly to ensure stock levels are accurate
- Quarterly Counts of parts
- Enters in pricing for parts
- Matching Invoices to purchases orders
- Implements processes and procedures as needed
- Submits warranty claims for power equipment parts and labors.
- Ships requested warranty parts with all appropriate paperwork to Warranty Returns.
- Scraps non-repairable parts based on a list of criteria.
- Sends parts out for repair and third-party vendors based on need.
- Adds warranty credits to work orders.
- Implements processes and procedures as needed.
- Working with the Director of RK Parts and Service help to maintain an effective extended warranty program that will deliver incremental warranty sales growth and profitability, and ultimately present RK as the primary extended warranty provider for the equipment products it sells.
- Help to maintain technical library including operator manuals, service manuals, parts catalogs, service letters, service bulletins and other print or digital materials needed to maintain equipment products. Make this library easily accessible by all with a need to access.
- Follow and administer warranty registration guidance and ensure that procedures are understood and followed by RK service technicians.
- Working with all RK equipment vendors, learn each’s procedures for submitting warranty repair claims, and procedures for store level service technicians to follow.
- Working with the Director, Parts & Service, set warranty recovery rates RK store-wide and with individual service technicians.
- Maintain a warranty repair and administration program that optimizes RK financial return and minimizes customer equipment downtime.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- 2+ years administrative office experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have professional written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills in Work, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to organize and work independently with superior attention to detail
- Professional attitude and ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Will have indirect supervisory responsibilities over store service techs as it relates to product servicing and warranty.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time