PART TIME Sales Associate - Hardware
Store | Farmington, MO | Part Time
Job Title: Sales Associate
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
Job Location: Store Location
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt. Position is Part-Time
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Up to 27 hours per week. Evening/closing shifts only.
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load outs
- Give consistent quality customer service ensuring a successful shopping experience
- Merchandise, stock, and assemble merchandise
- Be familiar with all advertised items and their locations
- Greet all customers who are within ten feet of you
- Practice sound safety knowledge & best practices for materials handling
- Maintain a clean and organized department – including recovery
- Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Operate Telxon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Hardware knowledge a plus.
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally with all audiences (in-person or via handheld transceiver)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.