E-Commerce / Internet | Charleston E-Commerce Dept | Full Time
Rural King is a leader in the national Farm & Home category with an unmatched reputation for customer service. Founded in 1960, we are a rapidly growing, privately held $1B+ company that can trace our roots to two farmers in Central Illinois. Today we operate over 100 brick and mortar store locations in 12 states, as well as a robust ecommerce operation. Our ecommerce applications serve millions of customers, each of our stores and store associates, in addition to our corporate departments and vendors. Our corporate office is based in Mattoon, IL.
The Optimization Specialist is a skilled, full-time employee responsible for improving the performance of our ecommerce development projects. We work with modern tools to improve our user experience, improve the stability of our applications, and optimize and extend the functionality of Magento.
As a candidate for this position, you are not expected to have experience with all the technologies and responsibilities listed below. However, we are seeking an individual with a solid technical foundation that loves optimizing websites, and is ready to learn and dive in and work with the latest Magento and ecommerce technologies daily.
Candidates should have the ability to work on multiple projects within a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
If you have the skills that match what we’re looking for, we would love to tell you more about this incredible opportunity.
We offer excellent compensation and bonus packages, benefits, along with a fun and interesting work environment.
What You Need for this Position
Skills & Experience We’re Looking For:
- Fluency with ecommerce workflow and design patterns
- Ability to create A/B split and multivariate test scenarios
- Ability to work with developers to implement backend and front-end improvements
- Excellent understanding of modern HTML and CSS
- Experience working on large codebases and product sets
Nice-to-Have Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Magento Enterprise Edition (1 or 2)
- Exposure to Agile development, JIRA, git and other development tools and methodologies
- Fluency in modern CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Understanding of advanced JS libraries/frameworks (AngularJS, React, Ember, etc.)
What's In It for You
- Excellent salary and bonus, commensurate with experience
- Benefits includes health, dental, vision and many other company perks
- Fun, exciting, work environment with the chance to contribute in a real way to a company with a vision to grow its online operation in 2017
So, if this role appeals to you, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.