Network Administrator, Mattoon, IL
Corporate Office | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 70+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Network Administrator
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Job Location: Rural King Support Center (Mattoon, IL)
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Serve as the main Network Administrator for the entire Rural King footprint. Identify, document, and report security risks and make recommendations for security improvement.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the main Network Administrator for the entire Rural King Inc. footprint.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Serve as the main contact on Network Security - Identify, document, and report security risks and make recommendations for security improvement.
- Co-Develop and document disaster recovery plan procedures.
- User support persisting of user calls and emailed tickets (Software, Hardware).
- Deal with mission critical issues and network related projects
- On call weekly support rotation. Holidays and Weekend rotation.
- Use Whatsupgold and Nessus on a daily basis for network scanning, monitoring and trending.
- Proven work experience in a Cisco network environment. This includes switching, routing, firewall and IPS/IDS Experience.
- Strong work experience in Active directory with creating group policies and experience working within a VMware environment.
- Self-managed leader with strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities to proactively manage and tune the current network infrastructure.
- AAS in corresponding field
- IT Industry certification is not required but welcomed
- Must work well under pressure and handle several projects simultaneously
- High level of flexibility required to adapt to change requirements and user needs.
- Minimum 3 years work experience directly related to network and server support
- Must have excellent communications skills
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.